European Legacy - GENESIS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camelot Unchained

4 posters

Go down

Camelot Unchained Empty Camelot Unchained

Post by Civian [Admin] Thu May 07, 2015 11:12 am

Yo!

I've got a question for all of you!!!!

Who's been looking into the upcoming gaming of the directors of DAoC; Camelot Unchained? And who's thinking of trying this game??

Link Camelot Unchained

I've been following the process they've been making around this game and now I think it's worth posting something on the forums since they have some more info about ingame stuff like stats, crafting, combat, UI's, RVR etc.
Nonetheless there's also the first Alpha trailer out now (which never really catches me cuz it looks like paper, but it gives a general idea haha).

Pro's:
1. One of the things I adore that they keep into the stats and stuff is the complex template building like we are doing right now in this version of DAoC.
Anyway, there are 3 kinds of "stats" implemented in the game: primary, secondary and derived.
The primary can be changed during the creation of your character (and during character levelling process). For example: your wielding a big sword and start swinging the hell out of it, in the start you'll suck badass but through time you'll gain skill and it will add up on top of your strength stats.
The secondary are kinda preset, you can't really change anything about it, so I think it's connected to the race you play.
The derived stats are a mixture of your choices on the primary stats and the presets on the secondary. I think there will be some kind of scheme were you can see how it all changes when you're creating your character.

2. To NOT implement stat bonuses.. Like the producers tell themselves, it brings a big pain with balancing out the game well and keep people from geargrinding too much.

3. One thing I'm very curious of is the "magic system". They chose that the caster classes can create their own spellbook and with this their own spells. This keeps mages in RVR unpredictable (you can probably choose to go on crazy close range damage, so you can protect yourself well from 1o1 against a fighter class). ISN'T THAT AWESOME?! It gives a big diversity in the world of casters and plenty to discuss and experimentate with!

4. As well in the combat system players are able to customize the strength of their skills.

5. Craft system: if I understand it well they put it in 2 catagories:
so called "popcorn crafting" (easy crafting) and advanced crafting. Popcorn crafting will be easy stuff like gathering materials, basic repairing, creating basic arrows and potions.
There will also be a more advanced crafting system (which I don't completely understand) which will be very wide in options and modification in making weapons and armorpieces (from looks till stats).

6. RVR System: Same as in current DAoC: 3 realms to play in, more ownership leads to more realm bonuses (cash income, other boosts etc.).
There's not much info yet about the RVR system but there will be different kind of interest points to take over (I dont know what kind of shape it will be but see it as: castle to tower to farmer field..).. Some kind of puzzle? will also be there once you've captured certain points in your/or the enemies realm but I dont really understand the advantages of this yet.

7. The leveling system has been changed to prevent grinding and power leveling. To gain skill in stats you must find better equipment to train it with, passive playing is impossible and you're being challenged to find these items in different zones with different quests and activities.

8. Different UI's will be available like in the current DAoC. AWESOME

Cons:

1. I was doubting if I should put this in pro or in con, but they're implementing a system where every part of your character body has its own health pool and can get injured. For example you get hit on the legs for numerous times: you won't be able to run away from the fight. Or you get hit on the shoulders numerous times: you won't be able to swing your sword as fast anymore.
This WILL make gameplay very dynamic, but for solo against 2-3 opponents it sounds quite impossible to win (unless with this spellbook you can do something crazy stuff).. but as a close combat class you seem quite hopeless.. They're talking about a way to defend certain parts of your body and you'll be able to counter-attack if you manage to block well, but still.. you can't defend being hit in the shoulder,leg,torso at the same time when attacked by 2-3..

2. A various number of siege weapons are implemented in the game.. In most games I've played like Warhammer or GW2 this has come to frustration for me.. Like in Warhammer there were ballistas were you could nearly 1 shoot people with.. Also the trebuchets in GW2 were too powerful to be true.. Have these things guarded and its a killing machine.. Also when there's a big zerg coming to takeover in your realm and they bring a huge amount of sieges and you have to start creating your defend: YOUR LOST FROM THE BEGINNING.. Imagine relic siege in daoc now with ballistas shooting off casters on the wall, trebby's to kill inner post and 4 rams too get the first door open.. I wonder how their system about this is gonna be.. Maybe I've just had bad experiences and they'll blow my mind! Razz

3. The gameplay as shown in the alpha trailer looks a bit like Diablo playstyle which is gaming angle that really doesn't fit me.. I also saw the classic MMORPG gaming angle, so I'm not sure this is a feature you can choose or it changes each map your in.

Right now this is all the pro's and cons I can think off.. I will add more as soon as I read more or get more ideas/opinions about it!

For now all realms and races look awesome! Too bad the classes are not known yet but as soon as they will be I will update this post!

Looking forward to hear your opinions on this one guys! Would like to bring European Legacy part into this game so we can build our community on from there as well if there is enough interest! Smile
Civian [Admin]
Civian [Admin]
Archduke
Archduke

https://eulegacy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Camelot Unchained Empty Re: Camelot Unchained

Post by Civian [Admin] Thu May 07, 2015 11:24 am

Instructions and Gameplay:

Trailer from the Camelot Unchained Website:
Civian [Admin]
Civian [Admin]
Archduke
Archduke

Back to top Go down

Post by Khiera Thu May 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Thanks for posting this!! I read a lot about Camelot Unchained when it was first doing the rounds but over time I've not had the chance to read any more, so good to hear its still coming along nicely! I just dont get the chance/free time these days to read anything online, so posts like this help me a lot!! Quick and simple to the point. Looking forward to hearing more. Just hoping I'll have the time to play once its released - hardly get any time to play DAoC at the moment so i can imagine I'll be left waaaay behind when this gets released!

Khiera
Pioneer
Pioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishar Fri May 08, 2015 4:25 pm

wow great post, thanks Civ

I was not sure if they were still making this game. I hope its not "one mmorpg more".
Ishar
Ishar
Pioneer
Pioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Civian [Admin] Fri May 08, 2015 4:32 pm

They actually got way more money then expected by the Kickstarter project! Smile
Civian [Admin]
Civian [Admin]
Archduke
Archduke

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoumi Sat May 09, 2015 12:39 am

I was so looking forward to this game. But after reading about it for a while and watching your/some other videos...

The game seems realy poorly designed IMHO. Kinda like DAoC, but the addition and changes seem very weird and not realy tought trough. Sad

Also, for a game developed in the last few years, the Graphics shown are absolut horrible. The Artstyle has lost it's greatness imo.
(DAoC looks horrible, but the Artstyle it has make it seem still realy unique.)
It looks like a Game which could be played in a browser in the videos I saw..

I know it's still in..?Alpha? but to be honest, in this stage of games, graphics are mostly done :/
Naoumi
Naoumi
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishar Sat May 09, 2015 9:21 am

Naoumi is a Pre-Alpha, its a base graphics just to test the  engine for rvr, etc

Dont look at those graphics as the final ones, I'm sure (and I hope) will be 100% different at the end version.

I was disappointed too after this long time waiting about this game but let them work to a beta to see what we really can expect.

We are used to DAOC graphics/animations, I hate all new mmoprg animations, the movements are like slow-mo, I hope they dont stick to the ones in the videos.
Ishar
Ishar
Pioneer
Pioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum